Friday 28 September 2012

I've got a crush...

I just wanted to share one of my latest gem-crushes with you. I've discovered a little boutique shop called "Crystals" in Exeter a few weeks ago when I was searching for wedding jewellery. I really enjoyed exploring their cute selection of jewellery, stunning crystals and rare minerals. It was amazing what gorgeous things were hidden in this tucked away little boutique just off the main high street.

I was immediately taken by this cute tear shaped amethyst pendant and chose a plain silver snake chain to go with it. Given I adore everything purple, I couldn't help but fall in love with it and buy it straight away:


I've read up a little bit about amethysts and apparently they are purple because of the iron that's in this type of quartz stone. It's quite interesting what random information you can find online about crystals.

The most funny fact I read about this particular stone was that the Greeks believed amethysts could prevent intoxication (which is why they drank wine out of amethyst wine goblets - hah!) whilst the medieval European's believed the stones had healing qualities and wore little amethyst amulets during the war..

Oh and in case you were wondering, I did actually wear this to my wedding.... :o)


xoxo
Kate

1 comment: